• No special skills or abilities are required for CityRace Urban Adventure Hunts. You don't need to be an athlete (or an L.A. trivia expert) but you should be able to think and act quickly, and work well together as a team. Running is completely optional (but might occasionally be advantageous).
• Teams must be 2, 3 or 4 players. If you don't have people to form a team, you can still register as an individual player. We'll match you up with other solo players or with an existing team at the start of your hunt.
• CityRace hunts will begin promptly at their designated times. You'll receive information about exactly where your hunt will begin once you've registered. Plan to arrive early to allow for parking, etc. and remember to bring your receipt, which is proof of your registration. After some brief announcements and answers to questions, you'll receive your clue package and your three hour time limit will begin. We will be at the starting location only for about 20 minutes, so if your team arrives late, you might not be able to participate.
• CityRace hunts will be held rain or shine.
• Most CityRace hunts are done entirely on foot. If other modes of transportation are allowed in your hunt, they will be specified in the hunt description.
• You're free to bring any materials with you for CityRace that you think might be helpful. At the very least, you will need a pen.
• Team members must travel together at all times and may not split up or separate at any time during a CityRace hunt. Only the people registered for your team are allowed at the starting location.
• Your team will receive all of your clues at the start of the hunt. You are free to complete them in any order you wish. Remember that your clues will require brainpower, teamwork and strategy to solve: you might need to crack codes, solve challenging word or number puzzles, navigate with maps, research little-known facts, and more.
• Your clues will lead you to various locations around a neighborhood of the city. Once there, you'll usually need to answer a question about each location, proving that you've found it. Be sure to answers these questions legibly and thoroughly. Most hunts also include a list of bonus point items that may include: photos you must take of your team at various locations, objects that you collect during the hunt, mini-hunts or quests that send you on specific missions, and more. Your team receives points for each correct answer, as well as any bonus points you've earned.
• At the start of your hunt, you'll receive information about where the finish line will be. The team that finishes the hunt with the highest number of points is the winner. If two teams have the same score, the team that arrived earlier at the finish line is the winner. Teams arriving at the finish line later than the designated three-hour time limit will receive a penalty of minus 5 points for each five minutes they are late.
• Answers to all clues will be provided at the finish of the hunt. All teams are encouraged to come to the finish line. We'll be at the finish line for usually 20 to 30 minutes after the end of the hunt.
• The winning team will receive a selection of prizes. However, like Race/LA, our focus is on providing a fun and unforgettable experience, not on giving away large prizes.
COSTS, REGISTRATION and CANCELLATION
The cost is $40 per person. Payment in full is required at the time of registration. Players can sometimes expect to spend an additional small amount during the hunt (less than $10 per team - and often much less) on things like scavenger hunt objects that must be collected, when applicable.
Registration fees are non-refundable. However, if one of your team members needs to cancel after you've registered, you may replace them with another player.
If you need to change your CityRace date after you've registered, we can move you to a different day (if space is available), provided you notify us at least 48 hours in advance of your original date & time. Date changes will be allowed one time only. Sorry, but there are no exceptions to this rule and in all cases, no refunds.
© 2014 Race/LA | All rights reservedCONTACT USSITE MAP